Thursday, August 9, 2007

Is Cancer Genetic or Environmental?

No, we won't resolve that question in one simple blog entry!

What does bear repeating is that a quickly growing number of even conventional-thinking allopathic doctors and researchers are finally coming on board with the idea that cancer is MUCH more related to the environment vs. genetics. More accurately stated, all dis-eases of lifestyle are a result of how we adapt to our environment. How and what we eat, how we move, how we think, how we respond to stress, the toxins we expose ourselves to.... the list goes on and on. Kinda' makes the genetic theory seem shamefully under-developed, at best.

Cancer is now considered by many health experts as a disease of lifestyle.

Are there 'genetic' connections and similarities? Sure. Families grow up with similar environments and develp similar responses to their internal and external environments. BUT, we all know people who have cancer... and no one else in their family does. The genetic theory is flawed.

.... and that's OK.

I like knowing that I have MUCH more control over my health than just relying on my genes!

Although there are absolutely no guarantees in life, or health, I choose to believe that living a wellness lifestyle will create wellness.... and allow no room for dis-ease. I make daily choices to move well, eat well, think well, rest well... and love.

The way I see it, even if I'm wrong, at least I've lived a great, healthy and happy life in the meantime!!

No comments: